Light Speed Logistics Inc. is seeking dedicated and safety-minded Long-haul Truck Drivers to join our Mississauga Terminal at 6015 Kestrel Road, Mississauga, Ontario.
About us: Light Speed Logistics is a Canada-based company which offers trucking, shipping, hauling, freight and logistics services to move cargo to its destination on-time and on-budget. Shipping to and from all 48 states in the US and coast to coast in Canada, Light Speed Logistics has not failed to live up to its name boasting an industry best electronically verifiable on-time delivery record.
This is a permanent full -time job position that requires Long-haul Truck drivers to drive throughout Canada and the United States. Training will be provided by the company after being hired, and driving test must be passed before commercial driving will be permitted on the road.
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Refrigerated
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials,
- Use GPS, maps and other trip planning aid,
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy,
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, refrigeration unit and other equipment,
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Credentials: Driver’s Licence (Class A or equivalent)
- Experience: No Experience is required but Experience of at least 7 months is preferred. Suitable applicants without experience must go through a 90 days training program after being hired, and the driving test must be passed before commercial driving is permitted on the road
- Language: Speak and read basic English
- Weight Handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Drug test