Light Speed Logistics is a Canada-based company which offers trucking, shipping, hauling, freight and logistics services to move cargo to its destination on-time and on-budget. Shipping to and from all 48 states in the US and coast to coast in Canada, Light Speed Logistics has not failed to live up to its name boasting an industry best electronically verifiable on-time delivery record.
Founded in the year 2000, Light Speed Logistics has grown to a fleet of 200+ power units and 300 refrigerated trailers along with a fleet of tri-axle trailers for intra-Canada freight. With a majority of equipment less than 3 years old, Light Speed Logistics boast one of the newest fleet in the industry.
We are hiring a licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic who is willing to further his career and pursue opportunities for growth without our company.
– Perform maintenance on commercial tractors and trailers; maintenance and repairs may include: engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication system
– Use Fleet Maintenance Software to complete and keep proper documentation and records associated with equipment repairs
– Comply with established company policies and procedures, and Occupational Health and Safety regulations
– Comply with trucking industry rules and regulations as needed (such as: C-TPAT, CVI’s, etc.)
– Communicate status of repairs to Maintenance Manager and work individually with little supervision
– Maintain a safe and clean work environment
– Work in a fast-paced environment
– Minimum 3 – 5 years related work experience
– Licensed / Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic (only licensed applicants will be considered)
– Ability to diagnostic and troubleshoot Detroit and Cummins engines
– Experience in working with engines, differentials, powertrains, and hydraulic systems
– Knowledge of truck electrical systems is required
– Familiarity with ‘TMT Fleet Maintenance’ software OR any equivalent fleet maintenance software
– Ability to lift heavy parts, work both indoor & outdoors, and attend road calls on rare emergencies (company vehicles may be provided and full expenses for the trip will be covered)
– Extremely organize with strong attention to detail
– Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
– Good team player
Position and Pay
– Full-time: 40 hours / week
– Over-time may be required occasionally
– Competitive wage, dependent on experience and training
– Comprehensive benefits available
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Trailer Mechanic: 1 year (Required)